Two apartments, four bedrooms, stylishly furnished and equipped with every comfort: Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, TV, telephone, room safe, hairdryer, private bathroom with shower, balcony/terrace with outdoor furniture and sea view, parking space.
The apartments are located along the “lungomare” (the seafront) of Rimini, and are well connected with public transport: bus line Nr. 11 every 10 minutes to the city center and the train station of Rimini, or to the beach town of Riccione.
In the apartment you will find food specialities gift of our Region, if you want to cook on your own.
Viale Vespucci 54, 47921 Rimini
View Apartment Rimini in a larger map
The first bathing establishment was built in 1843. Since then, Rimini has been the principal summer resort on the Adriatic Coast and one of the most popular holiday destinations in Italy.
[toggle_title]How to get there[/toggle_title]
Rimini is in a privileged location: not only is it on the coast, but it is a crossroads for important lines of communication.
To get to Rimini’s beachfront (Bellariva, Marebello, Rivazzurra and Miramare) on the other side of the canal harbour, it is advisable to exit at Rimini Sud, which also leads to the state road for San Marino, the SS 72.
Visitors coming from the north-east, from Veneto, Trentino, Friuli or even Ferrara, can take the Via Romea and then the Statale Adriatico, the SS 16, that leads from Ravenna to Rimini.
Coming from the south one can choose either the Autostrada del mare, which leads from Bari to Rimini, or the parallel state road, the SS 16, which runs along the Adriatic coast.
Those coming from Umbria or Tuscany can take state road SS 258 (the “Marecchiese”) which, after the Via Maggio pass, descends toward Rimini crossing the Marecchia valley.
For more information check the Italian Motorways website www.autostrade.it
Rimini is also a city of notable historical interest. In 390 B.C., Rimini was occupied by the Senone Gauls who established a workshop to coin their own currency. In 295 B.C. the Romans arrived and founded a real colony in 286, Ariminum, that aquired strategic importance. It became a crucial junction for communications; a starting point for the Via Flaminia leading to Rome (220 B.C.), the Via Emilia toward Piacenza (197 B.C.) and the Popilian Way toward Aquileia (132 B.C.).
Caesar passed by after crossing the Rubicon (50 B.C.). Also Emperor Augustus (9 B.C.) came this way and had the bridge over the River Marecchia built. The same bridge was later completed by Tiberius, who gave it its name, the Tyberius Bridge. It was, in fact, to honour Augustus that the people of Rimini erected the famous Augustus Arch, doorway to the city.
After the barbarian invasions Rimini enjoyed a golden age in the 13th century, when it became an indipendent municipality. New constructions such as Palazzo dell’Arengo (1204), Palazzo del Podestà (1330) and new city walls were added to the city. An important school of painting developed, due in part to the presence of Giotto. In 1295 the Malatesta name appeared and belonged to a family that was not only concerned with warfare but was also a patron of art. They beautified the city with works like: the Malatesta Temple, the principle example of Renaissance architecture, and Sismondo Castle. Most of the vestiges of the past are now kept in the City Museum which contains more than 1500 works from the geological development to nowadays. In Piazza Ferrari, near the City Museum, a house from the Roman period called the Surgeon’s House has been recently brought to light. A small Pompei with splendid mosaics which has already become famous in the world owing to its unique archaeological finds. Here archaeologists have found one of the richest surgical and pharmaceutical equipment of the ancient time.